Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So to honor him

This is the second installment of Sounds of the Season and it features Josh Groban's beautiful version of Little Drummer Boy.



Many lines in this song struck me while listening to it.

"I am a poor boy too"
We must remember that Jesus humbled Himself and became man to save us and that we must become poor in order to inherit the Kingdom of God.

"I have no gifts to bring"
How often in our own lives do we feel like our gifts and talents do not measure up to those around us, as the little drummer boy must have felt among the kings who brought their finest gifts.

"Shall I play for you"
The drummer boy realizes that all he has to offer is the gift of his music and so he offers that as his gift. Sometimes, it is important to recognize that God wants all of us, however meek and lowly.

"So to honor him"
This little drummer boy gave all he had for the glory of Christ. Let us remember that all we do must give God glory first and He will return the glory in His time.

"Then He smiled at me"
I pray that the Lord is able to smile at me if I have given Him all my talents and gifts, just as He did to the drummer boy who did the same.

St. Joseph, patron of families, champion of purity, and model of humility, pray for us!

No comments: